We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Collection of Information
We collect information to provide you with details and information regarding our products, services, and promotions. The types of data that the Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila may collect from you generally includes the following:
- Personal information such as your full name, address, contact information or email address;
- Sensitive information such as age, gender, nationality, marital status, religion, contact information, health restrictions and government issued identification or documents;
- Financial details such as credit card and debit card information;
- Guest stay information, including the hotels where you have stayed, date of arrival and departure, goods and services purchased, special requests made, your service preferences, telephone numbers dialed and emailed, faxes, telephone and other messages received; your credit card, mobile payment and other payment details; your membership information, account details; any information necessary to fulfill special requests; your reviews, feedback and opinions about our hotels, resorts, programs and services;
- Information collected through the use of closed circuit television systems and other security systems; and
- Any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the purposes set out below.
- Process your reservations and manage your booking at our hotel, including taking payment, responding to enquiries and requests and any after-sales services such as amendments or cancellations.
- Fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers) and vendors (e.g. credit card companies, airline operators and other loyalty programs);
- Provide you with access to the content on our website;
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you;
- Provide privileges, benefits and services to you, process applications for and administer membership programs, verify and validate your ability to access and use certain products, services and information.
- Comply with legal requirements. We may sometimes need to process personal information to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example tax or financial reporting requirements).
- Where you have consented to this, we may publish customers’ reviews and feedback in the testimonial section of our website, which were received via email, social media, online travel review platforms or our guest comment card.
- For any other purposes for which we have your consent.
In order to make an online hotel reservation, enroll with our programs, promos or if you make an enquiry, you must provide us with the personal data marked with an asterisk or otherwise indicated as mandatory, otherwise we may not be able to process your request or comply with our legal obligations.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We may share your personal data:
- With the operator of the hotel or the hub of hotels which you book, stay or visit for the above purposes;
- With anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g. travel agents, group travel organizers and your employer) in order to fulfill contractual obligations;
- With any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies, or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- With our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, but we shall only do so on a need to know basis;
- With any other party at your consent or at your direction;
Disclosures of your Personal Information
We reserve the right to disclose any personal data and information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property. We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations.
We may share aggregated demographic information with business partners, affiliates or other entities. This aggregate information is not linked or traceable to any personally identifiable information about you.
Except as described herein, we do not permit the sale or transfer of personally identifiable information to third parties.
Retention of Personal Data
Subject to applicable requirements of the Data Privacy Act, we will retain your personal data for us as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
Transmittal, Protection and Storing of Personal Data
Please note that we will never send you an e-mail requesting your password, credit card number or passport, personal identity card or social security number. If you receive any suspicious e-mails that looks like it is from our group, but asks you for your credit card number or passport, personal identity card or social security number, it is a fraudulent e-mail, or “phishing”. We recommend that you do not reply to the e-mail or click onto any links or pop-up messages and report to the local authorities which handle fraudulent e-mails.
It is important to note that all e-mail communication is not secure. There is a risk inherent in the use of e-mail. Please be aware of this when requesting information or sending forms to us by e-mail, for example, from the “Contact Us” section of our website. We recommend that you do not include any sensitive information including credit card details when using e-mail or using any public computers/public WIFI.
To be prudent, it is advisable to always close your browsers when you have finished completing a form or a reservation. Although the session will automatically terminate after a short period of inactivity, it is easier for a third party to gain access to your profile whilst you are logged onto our website and making a reservation.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorized access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have in place reasonable technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use of your personal data and to keep your personal data confidential. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
Disclaimer from liability due to Electronic Communication Failure.
We cannot guarantee that our website will function unflawed and without any interruptions. We shall not be liable for damages, of whatever kind, direct or indirect, that may result from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses or due to acts of God.
Children and Minors
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If you are a minor, you may only use our website and services with the permission of your parent or guardian.
Third Party Websites
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We encourage you to regularly review this Privacy Notice to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your personal information may be used.
We may need to disclose Data when required by relevant law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authorities. This also applies when we have reason to believe that disclosing the Data is necessary to identify, investigate, protect, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our guests, visitors, associates, rights or properties (including this website), or to others, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
To enhance your experience on our website, some of our web pages may use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally-identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering for one of our services. However, once you choose to furnish the website with your personally-identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions, concerns clarifications about how we treat your personal information, you wish to ask us to stop processing your personal information, or you would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please don’t hesitate to visit our website www.bestwesternhotelmanila.com, click the Contact Us, and write your message.